Registration Instructions for openLVEM
How to sign up for openLVEM
The openLVEM collaboration is open to anyone in astronomer who wants to receive email and other notifications about LIGO-Virgo gravitational wave events. The registration process is quite straightforward and there is no approval step needed.
- Go to https://gw-astronomy.org/registry/pages/public/enroll.
You will be prompted to login. There are a variety of login options. If you are a member of LIGO/VIRGO or KAGRA, you can login by selecting the apprpriate icon.
Alternatively, you may be able to use your university, college or lab login id (if it seems strange to you to login to a service at gw-astronomy.org using your username and password from your university, click here for more information on how and why we do that). To see the full list of places whose login IDs we accept, click on the "Allow me to pick from a list" link
and then look for your institution in the pull down list above that link
If you want to know why your institution wasn't in the menu, you can read more here.
- Once you have successfully logged in, please jump to step 5.
- If you have not been able to login with your LIGO, KAGRA or home institution login id, you may still use a Google account login to register. You can use one that you already have, or create a new one. There are instructions for creating a Google account at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27441?source=gsearch. You can find out more about why we use Google as our backup login plan here.
- Once you have a Google login id and password with which to register for gw-astronomy.org, please return to step 1 and click the Google icon.
- There is only one enrollment option for openLVEM. Click the "BEGIN" button
to start your enrollment.
- The enrollment form will be mostly filled out with information obtained
when you logged in. The only peice of information you really need to provide is
the email address at which you wish to receive email about LIGO-Virgo events.
Provide Email Address
- After you submit your application, you will be sent an email confirming your address. Click the link to the URL provided to confirm your email address.
- You will be taken back to gw-astronomy.org. The green box saying "Petition
Confirmed" indicates that your enrollment is complete and successful. You may
login to see your collaborations (openLVEM and any others you had previously
enrolled for at gw-astronomy.org), but there is nothing else to be done here.
Your are automatically subscribed to the notification mailing list.