Registration Instructions for Subscribers to GWIC 3G Science Case Team Working Groups
How to Register for the GWIC 3G SCT Working Groups
Anyone may join the GWIC 3G Science Case Team Collaboration, however, joining in itself does not provide access to anything. The Collaboration consists of members of the the GWIC 3G Science Team, which is a closed group, and members of various working groups, which are open. Below, we outline the steps for joining the Collaboration.
N.B.If you are already a member of the GWIC 3G Science Case Team or have already joined some GWIC 3G SCT working groups, then you are already a member of this collaboration and do not have to join again! Collaboration members can jump immediately to the section below entitled "How to Join the GWIC 3G SCT Working Groups".
- Go to https://gw-astronomy.org/registry/pages/public/enroll.
Select 'GWIC 3G SCT Working Group Enrollment'. You will be prompted to login.
There are a variety of login options. If you are a member of LIGO/VIRGO or
KAGRA, you can login by selecting the apprpriate icon.
Alternatively, you may be able to use your university, college or lab login id (if it seems strange to you to login to a service at gw-astronomy.org using your username and password from your university, click here for more information on how and why we do that). To see the full list of places whose login IDs we accept, click on the "Allow me to pick from a list" link
and then look for your institution in the pull down list above that link
If you want to know why your institution wasn't in the menu, you can read more here.
- Once you have successfully logged in, please jump to step 5.
- If you have not been able to login with your LIGO, KAGRA or home institution login id, you may still use a Google account login to register. You can use one that you already have, or create a new one. There are instructions for creating a Google account at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27441?source=gsearch. You can find out more about why we use Google as our backup login plan here.
- Once you have a Google login id and password with which to register for gw-astronomy.org, please return to step 1 and click the Google icon.
- Now that you are logged in, you can register. Click the begin button to start.
- Fill out the form. In most cases, much of the information will already be
filled out by your organization and cannot be changed. Once you are done, submit the form.
- After you submit your application, you will be sent an email confirming your address. Follow the link to the URL provided to complete your registration.
- Once your registration is complete, you will be able to join working groups and receive email from the working group mailing lists. See the instructions in the next section below.
How to Join the GWIC 3G SCT Working GroupsOnce you are registered for the GWIC 3G SCT collaboration, you can join working groups, which will automatically subscribe you to the mailing list for those groups. The groups and mailing lists are as follows:
|Working Group Name||Co-Chairsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Extreme Gravity||Buonanno, Van Den Broeck||gwic-3g-xg|
|NS EoS and NS Pops||Papa, Reddy, Rosswog||gwic-3g-ns|
|Compact Binaries||Bailes, Kalogera, Mandel||gwic-3g-binaries|
|Seed Black Holes||Colpi, Fairhurst||gwic-3g-bh|
|Cosmology and Cosmography||Mandic, Sathya||gwic-3g-cosmo|
|Numerical and Analytic Relativity||Buonanno, Lehner||gwic-3g-nrar|
|Detector Networks||Evans, Fairhurst, Hild||gwic-3g-net|
|Mult-Messenger Observations||Bailes, Kasliwal||gwic-3g-mmo|
To join a working group, simply follow the steps below:
- Begin by going to the list of groups for GWIC 3G SCT Collaboration
here. The page should look like this:
- To join a working group, all you need to do is check the "Member" box.
- If you have any difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact the GW-Astro Help Desk.